Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Ruud Silhouette Gas Furnace. I have read your

Customer Question

Douglas,
I have a Ruud Silhouette Gas Furnace. I have read your comments from 6 years ago about this exact same furnace. I followed the directions on the cover door: turning off the power, turning off the gas supply, waiting for five minutes, turning on the gas supply, turning on the power.
I have read your notes and have figured out the circuit board, gas supply, burner plate, the blower, the igniter, the flame sensor, the flame light, power light, and on light. When I fired the system back up, it all seemed to come back on but I did not see spark on the igniter or smell gas.
If I correctly understand the problem, it should be the igniter or the gas supply. If it is the igniter, I should not see a spark, but smell gas. If it is the gas I should see a spark, but not smell gas. These are assumptions. I understand that I may not be correct at all. Unfortunately, I do not smell gas and I do not see a spark.
When the system cuts off; the ON light flashes, the PWR light stays constant, and the Flame light never comes on. Could this be a similar to your flame sensor problem? Or is this a circuit board issue connecting to the igniter ro power supply control (or both)?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 11 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

What happens when it doesn't ignite? does it keep trying or does it lock out? What is the model number of your unit. Silhouette is the series. The model is on the rating tag that also has the BTU rating.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Model #: UGPH-07EAMGRIT goes through the process, but I do not see a spark in the igniter or smell gas.
Expert:  Rick replied 11 days ago.

There's a glitch with your acount. If you want to talk you need to contact customer service and square it away before I can call you or we can continue here.

Expert:  Rick replied 11 days ago.

Any idea how old this unit is? there are 10 versions

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Did you get my phone number to call?
I have owned the house for 12 years, so it older than that. The house was built in 1988.
Expert:  Rick replied 11 days ago.

You need to contact customer service if you want to talk. There is an issue with your account.

Expert:  Rick replied 11 days ago.

Do you want to continue here?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Are you still there, Rick?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Rick,I have fixed the problem with the bank blocking the transaction? Please call me as soon as you can.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Rick, I am having to leave, but would you please call my wife, Tammy, at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Rick replied 11 days ago.

I'm back from my break do you still want a call?

Expert:  Rick replied 11 days ago.

I'm still getting the same account error/issue. I'm sorry for the snafu but it's beyond my control. I just answer questions.