Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Hunter model 44110 thermostat. I cannot get the

Customer Question

I have a Hunter model 44110 thermostat. I cannot get the heat to go above 66 degrees. It keeps flashing the number 3. It's kind of cold in here!
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Filter was just changed. Thermostat settings It goes back to 60 degrees every night and I push it up to 68 degrees. I can hear it click on but the blower does not seem to make it work.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: sure - if it is simple.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have a brand new direct water heater that only goes to 125 degrees. Could this be affecting the outcome of my heat? Just installed several days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 6 months ago.

Are you able to raise numbers as high as you want, just furnace is not warming up to meet the temp you ask for? If so issue is most likely with the furnace not the thermostat

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am able to raise the numbers, I hear a click but it the temperature does not warm up. The technician who put in the new unit stated that the blower sometimes gets stuck. I am waiting for him to come back and check that. It still will not go above 66 degrees.

I am thinking the issue may be with the furnace rather than the thermostat.

Can you give me complete model from inside furnace in burner compartment so I can provide guidance with this specific unit.Model will be on a label just above burners on right or left inside panel

http://i.imgur.com/U8b0GXT.jpg

Then look in blower compartment and see if we have a control board with a blinking light.If so tell me the pattern of that flash.That will indicate what is wrong and tell us where to start troubleshooting.