Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Trane propane furnace turns on hot then blows cold air.

Customer Question

My Trane propane furnace turns on hot then blows cold air. Sometimes when I turn it to Off then turn on it blows hot air but not for long. Maine folks cannot find anything wrong. They didn't think it was the thermostat but I am going to replace it myself. Any thoughts?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Settings ok so is filter
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: only their thermostat. May call in another company to check it out. Cold and frustrated.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: when the temperature reaches the set temp the fan keeps running.. Sometimes for 30 min blowing cold air.. I turned off the furnace and the fan is still running has been 30+ min now
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 2 months ago.

Can you give me complete model from inside furnace in burner compartment so I can provide guidance with this specific unit.Model will be on a label just above burners on right or left inside panel

http://i.imgur.com/U8b0GXT.jpg

Then look in blower compartment and see if we have a control board with a blinking light.If so tell me the pattern of that flash.That will indicate what is wrong and tell us where to start troubleshooting.