Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My furnace pilot light went out and i need to relight it. It

Customer Question

My furnace pilot light went out and i need to relight it. It has an on and off button but not pilot position. The only thing I see is a on and off switch on the side of the furnace
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: yes, Im just trying to light the pilot
JA: Do you plan on doing ... view full
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

If your gas control valve doesn't have a PILOT selection, only ON & OFF then you can't light the pilot manually. I need the brand and model number of your furnace.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I cannot find the brand and model number on my furnace, however i can send you picture of what it look like
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

There's a chance that might help. There is a glitch with your account. If you want to talk to me you'll have to clear this up with customer service before I can call. I still need to know what you have for equipment so I still need that pic

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you still there
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Still here

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just updated my payment, when will i receive a call? also I attached some pictures for you
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Ok, that's a start but you haven't shown me anything useful. Back out and give me a shot of the whole boiler and one of the gas valve and controls. I'll post a new call offer since the old one expired

Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Accept it for me to call

Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

back in 10

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
im sending you more pictures now
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
once you receive the pictures I would accept your call
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
See attached
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

I got the new pics. Still not seeing what I need. Show me all of the inside of the burner compartment including the gas control valve.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
just added two more
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
one more
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do you have what you need now?
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

You keep giving me close ups. I need wide angle shots so I can see the whole front of the boiler. That said what I can see is that this boiler is in terrible condition and in dire need of professional service. There's no water pressure on the gauge so if you did get it to fire up it would probably ruin the boiler.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.