HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Unit is DFS36PVA. Need pilot LP. Cannot find but can for

Customer Question

Unit is DFS36PVA. Need pilot LP. Cannot find but can for DFS36PVC. Will that work on my unit?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: Pilot light stays on but when turn unit on lights burner and then quickly turns off. Assume it is either thermcouple or thermopile so thought should replace both since been about 15 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Hope to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Do not think so. Propane system
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 19 days ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 19 days ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Yes that one will work for your unit same burner.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.