HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a trane xv80 heater. You set the temp it comes and

Customer Question

Hi I have a trane xv80 heater. You set the temp it comes and then shuts off., and keeps repeating this. any ideas
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: It just started doing this when turned on the heat
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: just changed the filter, and doesn't matter what temp i set it
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well i would like to give it a try. I am an automotive tech and pretty good with these kind of thing
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: when it keep s cycling off i turn the heat completely off the fan will keep running
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 11 days ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 11 days ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Check the thermostat connections and replace the batteries in the thermostat itself. If that does not solve it check the wiring at teh board in the unit, this sounds like a bad thermostat wiring connection and that would cause that issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.