airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I don't want my thermostat programmed to just come on at

Customer Question

I don't want my thermostat programmed to just come on at certain times. I want to set a temperature, and leave it there. However, I can't figure out how to do it. Can you help?
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: My thought that it is the thermostat. A work crew was here, and I think they adjusted it.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It has three buttons across the bottom, and three buttons on the side - an up arrow, a down arrow, and a hold button.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 20 days ago.

Can you give me model on thermostat (Inside front cover)

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Does the front cover just pop off? I'm afraid I will pull it off the wall.

Most just pop off leaving sub base attached, If you can attach a pic I should be able to identify it .

If you have a paper clip icon on your page you can attach using that link.Or

You can upload the pictures using the tiny pic site .

Here is a link to the site.

http://tinypic.com/

Click on Browse , select the file from your folder.then click UPLOAD NOW.

They will give you a quote to enter in the box to verify you are a human.Enter the quote and click UPLOAD NOW

You will see your picture on right side of screen.

Then copy the link URL for email & IM

Paste that link here on the site.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I'm on an IPad. I can't do all that on my IPad. Can I email the picture? If so, where should I send it?

THe website will not allow us to share emails. Grasp thermostat gently on both sides and pull straight out.Most all newer thermostats just clip onto the subase which is screwd to the wall.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
002
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
OopS, there are 3 zeros after the 5.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
RTH6350D

Excellent, Below is a link to the thermostat manual. Open the link and scroll down to page 15 to see how to put the thermostat in an override position either temporarily or permanently. When in override any programming will be ignored ant it will maintain your current setting.

https://customer.honeywell.com/resources/techlit/TechLitDocuments/33-00000s/33-00116ES.pdf

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
THANK YOU!!!

My pleasure.Let me know if you have further questions.Please rate answer before you go as I am only compensated when you rate.Thanks for letting me help.