Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

4 days today, if I can, ok...my funace is 2 years old..runs

Customer Question

JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 4 days today
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: ok...my funace is 2 years old..runs on propane and for the past 4 days only runs for 2 minutes and blows luke warm air I replaced to filter and the thermostat yesterday and the air seems a bit warmer but only runs the 2 minutes
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: read previous post
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 14 days ago.

Hello, so far it sounds like low air flow through the system is causing the furnace to go OFF on its high temperature safety cut out.... this is common with new systems if the air ducts are undersized.

We can begin there.. measure the air temperature out of the warm air vents when the unit has been running for 60 seconds and tell me if the outside unit is running in this time span (I am checking to see if you have a heat pump that is over charged with refrigerant and the gas furnace is only a back up)

We can go from there.

Expert:  Phil replied 14 days ago.

I need the brand and model number of the outside unit, and the furnace (thats on a stick in the same compartment as the gas valve is in)

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
it doesn't have a heat pump and I don't know the brand or model number...the entire unit is in the attic crawl space
Expert:  Phil replied 14 days ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** blower access door, the units wiring diagram should be glued there... take a photo of it, close up, well lit and **exceedingly well focused... attach it here using the 'attach files' link to the left of your send button.

We can go from there.