Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

GM will not for me have a 15a-t hot water coil leaking

Customer Question

GM will not for me have a 15a-t hot water coil leaking boiler 26 years old think i need a new one(boiler) ?
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: 20 hrs I shut off feed to coil but of course shut off not a ball cock valve and still feeding a little water have a a sink to releve pressure on
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: good question im 62 now changed coil twice all ready in past 20 years boiler not in good spot no basement on 1st floor in boiler closet coil up against wall have to cut open wall in kitchen
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: yep whats a good boiler now v15a-t is too big for house 1 family
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 14 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

A leak at the tankless coil gasket is not usually a reason to replace the boiler. Replacing the gasket is a routine repair and unless the gasket has been leaking for a very long time it's a pretty routine repair for a pro. I can make new boiler recommendations but I wouldn't recommend it at this point.