Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

X13 230volt furnace motor turns slow at any speed?

Customer Question

Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is Luke

NOTE: I can only get credited for assisting you if you click the 5 star rating when we are done

Are You ready?

Expert:  airheatman replied 13 days ago.

The issue may be the motor itself or it may be the control board. Can you give me complete model on unit?

We would need a meter to troubleshoot. If you have a meter let me know .If not you can get an inexpensive one at Walmart for about 15 bucks if you would like to troubleshoot and I would be happy to guide you.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Innova-3300-Equus-3300-Hands-free-Digital-Multimeter/14644665

The first step I troubleshooting is to gather information on unit to determine what terminals on the motor are programmed. We wlll go from here.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have a meter. Tell me how to check it.

I am about to run on a service call but will be back shortly. First look in manual and see which terminals should be programmed on motor, the follow instructions in this manual for troubleshooting the X13. I will check in when I get back.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1p9oo8lxwy4p19o/Ecm_motor_servicing+guide.pdf

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'm still waiting for you to tell me how to check the motor.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.