Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a rheem furnace model # rgla07eacr when calling for

Customer Question

I have a rheem furnace model # rgla07eacr when calling for heat it just clicks nothing lights
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 15 days ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 15 days ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Does the inducer motor come on? Also does the main blower run when you select FAN ON at the thermostat?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
the fan comes on idk what a inducer motor is skill level not to good when it comes to furnace or elec.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 15 days ago.

OK the inducer motor is the exhaust fan motor, the small fan does it come on?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Its single stage, i don't think there is 1
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 15 days ago.

It should have one?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Well iDONT F N KNOW What is the problem!!!!!!!
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Just tell me what you think it is I don't have a furnace right now it's freaking 10 degrees outside I need to get the furnace going
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Do i get an answer i did pay for your service
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Im gonna need my money back if i dont get an answer
Expert:  airheatman replied 14 days ago.

Please disregard previous comments.Undoubtly the other expert is not familiar with your unit.These units were from days before induced draft motors.

As soon as thermostat calls for heat the igniter should glow and light burners, If it does not glow, our first step is to get a volt meter and check to see if we are getting 120v to the igniter..Below is a picture of a hot surface igniter.It will have 2 wire connected, We will unplug the wires from motor and check for 120v between the two wires.If we have 120v look at the igniter to see if it is burned or broken, See images below,We can go from here.