Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Mendota Gas Fireplace I have a two year old Fullview linear

Customer Question

Mendota Gas Fireplace
I have a two year old Fullview linear direct vent gas fireplace heater model MLH47-PF2 that has never had any problems.
Been using it several times today.
The remote control on/off button no longer does anything.
1. I put in fresh batteries (old batters were not old but did so anyway) got the beep sound when last battery put in.
2. Screen shows current room temperature.
3. When I push the top on/off button as if dead, no sound, nothing happens
4. When I push the mode button, (lowest button) the screen lights up to show IPI mode. If I want, I can change to the CPI mode and I can see the pilot flame is on.
5. If I want, I can push the Mode and the up key to lock the unit and the lock appears. I can then push the mode and up key and the lock goes away.
6. I can push the mode and temp key and change from F to C and do same and back to F
7. Thus, appears that all keys work but the on/off key.
What do I do?
Frank Jorgensen (###) ###-####
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 14 days ago.

Did you replace batteries in the transmitter also. There are usually batteries in both te remote and the transmitter on fireplace.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
If you read the install manual you will see that no battery. There is an option to hook up an external batter pack if you want to use the fireplace in a total electric shut down. The blower will not work in a power shut down but the external battery will allow you to light the fireplace.Thus this is not the answer. I wish it was !