Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a beacon garage furnace. BRU-75K btu. Tried to start

Customer Question

I have a beacon morris garage furnace. BRU-75K btu. Tried to start it for the first time this season and got a pressure limit switch code. Had this last year also, but somewhere along the line of messing with stuff, it started to work last year. I trouble shoot the pressure switch by removing and pulling a vacuum and checking with ohmeter - ok now....
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: This is a garage box furnace forced vent - no filter. After the pressure switch and hose checked out, the code has now changed to 4 blinks, indicating high limit, roll out, or air flow. I have ohm'd out the high limit, and roll out and they are fine
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, I always have on most items
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am wondering what will cause the 4 blinks almost instantly after start up, heat command, then blower motor runs and 4 blinks. No firing, no ignitor noise, nothing. Reset with wall power switch removes code, but comes back instantly on startup
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

Do you have continuity across the limit circuit where it connects to the board?