HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Model al1046t my door release button is jammed inside the

Customer Question

model al1046t my door release button is jammed inside the outer case of machine, how do I get my washing out?.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 16 days ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 16 days ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

I am sorry for the delay there was an issue getting back to you. If you can remove the top panel on the unit you can reach down and manually pull the release lever on the door latch mechanism. The top has a couple screws on the back edge and will slide straight back and lift off, then you can get right to the door latch mechanism to open it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.