How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask airheatman Your Own Question
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 7745
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
airheatman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

False flame indication locks out heater.so I unplugged it

Customer Question

False flame indication locks out heater.so I unplugged it from the circuit board with other wires all connected into a white type connector block. To reset it. Had to do this twice this time. My question is what part most likely is going out so I can replace it
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Started last year. There was a loose hose to the pressure switch and to the little blower fan I fixed that and worked for awhile then this started happening again
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Checked all wire connections everything seems good there.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 19 days ago.

90 per cent of the time it is the control board that is faulty.The other 10 % it is the gas valve