airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I want to select two PanSONIC HEAT/EXHAUST FANS AND AM

Customer Question

I want to select two PanSONIC HEAT/EXHAUST FANS AND AM LOOKING FV11VHL2. Is it appropriate for a bathroom 7'6"w x 12' d x 8'-14' cathedral ceiling and is the bottom plate flat and not con cave . It is to replace an existing fan that has three switches. 2 for speed and one for 's clear this up first an then also review a new Whispergreen onefan/light. I can be phoned @ ******** Dora
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: What a strange question. It is a land line maybe 17 years old and works fine!
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Read the message . I'm not asking about a phone i'm asking about exhaust fans!
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 7 months ago.

The FV11VHL2 should do fine.It is rated at 150cfms on high and 110 on low.As for the plate it will mount flush to a flat ceiling

Your bathroom is 7 and a half x 12 x average of 12 ceiling.So we would multiply 7.5x12x12=1080. Then divide that by 60(minutes in and hr)

1080 divided by 60=18.

Then multiply x8 (air changes per hour.

18 x 8 = 144cfms

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.

AS for the Whisper green ,do you have a model on it? WE need to be at the 144cfms if possible