Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Quadrafire 1200 Classic Bay pellet stove insert.

Customer Question

I have a Quadrafire 1200 Classic Bay pellet stove insert. Last year we haveing to hit the reset button multiple times to feed pellets. After cleaning, there was no pellet feed. We used canned air on the vacuum switch hose. No results. Then we ran a jumper wire between the vacuum switch and the wire accidently touched metal and blew the fuse. Replaced the 7 amp fuse. Now when we plugged in the unit the exhaust blower came on and the auger filled the fire pot without the thermostat turned on. When we opened the door to clean out the fire pot the auger stopped feeding. Turned up thermostat, fire started. Pellets would not stop feeding. Turned thermostat down, call light off , continued to feed pellets. Finally shut off when pellets ran out. Now when I turn the thermostat up the auger motor does not turn on unless I jiggle it and then it will not shut off even when the thermostat is turned down.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Do you mean the call light? We just gave the stove a good cleaning. What filters do you mean?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 16 days ago.

My name is***** see your question stumped the panel here.

I just logged on and saw you had not received an answer yet.

I am willing to help you if you still need assistance. Just let me know how the project is going and I can help you or close this question for you.

Once again I apologize for the delay.

Billy

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
we still need assistance.