Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I just had an older Goodman mini-split installed. 20CR air

Customer Question

Hi, I just had an older Goodman mini-split installed. 20CR air handler & HDP 18-1A condenser (R22). Works fine in both heating & cooling but the fan runs continuously. Is this normal? Tkxxx Bob Miller
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: I've tried to get the fan to cycle with the compressor for a couple weeks using the remote but no luck. The filters have just been cleaned. Also the different fan modes on the remote seem to have no effect on the unit.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 6 months ago.

Bob it may be hard to locate a manual on this due to age, but no the remote should allow you to have everything completely off.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My 1st. mini-split so I'm not familiar with it. All of my previous HP's shut the fan down after the compressor cycled off. With the fan running and the compressor off you just get a cold draft. So on this particular unit the fan "should be cycling off"?

Yes the fan should cycle with he compressor unless you have something set like continuous fan or humidity control. Do you see a model on remote? I am not finding anything on the 20CR

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do have the manual but it's not clear. The remote is an HG31AS

Dang it I am not even finding a manual, Do you see publication number I might Google

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
IOM-ETL-WMC-0399

That didn't get me anything either, Can you take a photo of the page showing mode od operation?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Email address?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Try this Goodman publication number----IO-155 for the HDP series. The number I gave you before is for the AH which is OYL Manufacturing product, Japanese.

No luck there either

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I am not finding anything in print.I will open to other experts

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Discovered another number on the air handler. Inside unit is a Goodman WMH18-1A , Condenser is a Goodman HDP-18-1A