Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Furnace fan runs continually.

Customer Question

Furnace fan runs continually.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 17 days ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 17 days ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Does it heat fine?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
it heats ok
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Are You still there?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Please let me know when you will be able to respond.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
In case you did not get my furnace information it is a Carrier Model 58GS 150-2, I checked the thermostat by removing it from the wall and the fan kept running. . I also replaced the circuit board 302075-302 in case the relay switches were not working properly. . If you need any more information about the furnace please let me know.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 17 days ago.

Yes I am still here, if the blower stays running disconnect the G thermostat wire from the board and see if it stops

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I will check it tomorrow, I am going to bed now. I am pretty sure it still ran when I disconnected the r wire at the board when I was checking to see if there was continuity at the thermostat with the thermostat in the off position.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Disconnecting the G wire does not cause it to stop
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I hope you got my message that the blower does not stop running when I disconnect the G wire.