HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have model GU080M16B-S Nordyne. Ted light blinks twice.

Customer Question

I have model GU080M16B-S Nordyne. Ted light blinks twice. Can this be trouble shooter?
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
My correct cell is(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Is there an ETA in answer?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 23 days ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 23 days ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

This is a pressure switch closed code with the inducer on, check to make sure the pressure switch is open and the pressure tube and ports are clear on the unit. If they are blocked or the pressure tube is stuck closed this code will come up.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
The tubes are clear (I can blow thru them). Ports seem fine too. How can I ensure pressure switch is open? It is mounted there (round and fully enclosed).
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 23 days ago.

Disconnect a wire from the pressure switch and then start the unit when the inducer comes on then reconnect the wire and see what happens.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Ok. Nothing. When I disconnect the wire from the board and reconnect red light is steady. (From switch nothing).
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Blower runs then off. Blinking red light again 2x
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 23 days ago.

Did you disconnect it from the pressure switch and do you see the error code list on the panel sheet on the unit?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Still blinks 2 per list is that switch
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Anything else to try?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 23 days ago.

If you have disconnected a wire from the switch and it still shows that code you would have a bad board. Nothing else would cause that issue.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Should I turn the unit off first before removing 1 wire from the switch, then turn it back on and then rewrite?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 23 days ago.

Yes turn it off then remove the wire turn it on and when the inducer(exhaust motor) comes on reconnect it

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Ok. Same result. There are 2 orange wires. Does it matter how they are connected to the 2 ends ( are they interchangeable?)
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 23 days ago.

No it does not matter you will need a new board then for sure.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Board was replaced within last year.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Just replaced switch with new one. Red light is solid, blower going
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 23 days ago.

You had a switch?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Blower stops (click) and then 2 red blinks.
Heat did blow twice earlier just when we were starting but it shut off each time