Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Weissman boiler system radiant heat floor in the

Customer Question

I have a Weissman boiler system radiant heat floor in the house I bought which is about 20 years old. It is a large house but it seems the constant heat temperature in the fall months keeps the heat in the master bedroom area about 4-6 degrees warmer than rest of house. The master bedroom is located above the boiler room. I want to lower the temperature range on the boiler so that it doesn't heat the water as warm. I want temperature to be a constant 4 degrees mess than what it is, but no one knows how to adjust the Weissman system. Thanks
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Do you have an analog thermostat on the wall for it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No it is new digital, recently added.....but I'm told the thermostat only activates when the boiler automatically turns on based on the outdoor temperature being cold enough. The thermostat is currently set to off, but the radiant heat floors (through the boiler) work automatically based on the outside temperature. Currently it is 39 degrees Fahrenheit outside. The temperature inside is a constant 72-73 degrees Fahrenheit. I want it 68-69 degrees (I like it colder)

The unit should operate off the inside thermostat not the outside temps

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is an automatic system for the radiant heat flooring that definitely operates based on outside temperature

Then you should be able to adjust the outside operating temp that it turns on at up

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Don't know how to do that. I believe it is the temperature of the water in the radiant floors that needs adjusted, it's heating too warm. Not so much when the boiler turns on or off

What control do you have on the unit?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The boiler is a Viessmann Atola, and the control panel is Viessmann Trimatik-MC

Let me see if another expert has the manual I can not find an english version of that control panel