Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I hope so. I have a frigidaire furnace and the pilot won't

Customer Question

I hope so. I have a frigidaire furnace and the pilot won't light. It blows air out of the exhaust and when I go outside I can smell gas but it isn't blowing any air inside the house, just out the exhaust.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Yes. We did all that. I can't see where the spot is to even light it. There is ano on off switch and another red dial thing on a pipe coming out of the furnace. My husband turned the switch off and back on anday that's when we got it to start blowing out the exhaust and could smell the gas outside
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if I can. My husband is sick so I'm trying to do what I can. If I can't get it I will have to wait until monday. We have only lived in this house for a year and haven't had any issues like this.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 4 months ago.

Can you give me complete model from inside furnace in burner compartment so I can provide guidance with this specific unit.Model will be on a label just above burners on right or left inside panel

http://i.imgur.com/U8b0GXT.jpg

Then look in blower compartment and see if we have a control board with a blinking light.If so tell me the pattern of that flash.That will indicate what is wroung and tell us where to start troubleshooting.