Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

The pressure on my Baxi combi 80 e boiler has dropped below

Customer Question

Good afternoon, the pressure on my Baxi combi 80 e boiler has dropped below 0.5 bar. The boiler was relocated approximately 8 weeks ago during building work. underneath the boiler there are 4 large taps running front to back and a smaller tap running side to side. This small tap is located in a central position and is the furthest forward of the taps. Which one do I need to turn, to repressurise the boiler please. I cannot see anywhere that a hose can be attached so am assuming it is plumbed in direct to the water supply, thank you
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: I noticed it last night. I turned the central heating system on and it appeared fine for approx 30 minutes when the radiators went cold. I checked the boiler and noticed that some lights were flashing and that the pressure was below 0.5 bar. It is the first time I have had the radiators on for a few days. They worked fine then.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have spoke to a friend who told me that it is a simple task that can easily be done. Her system has to be filled using a hose. I was told that if it is plumbed in direct to the water supply then I should turn the water supply to on to refill the boiler, but I don't know which tap if is.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so. I can remember my partner doing this a couple of years ago but he is out of the country at the moment so I can't ask him.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 25 days ago.

Have you seen This Video yet?

It is from Baxi and covers the repressurize whether direct plumbed or not.

Let me know if you have seen this already and still need direction

Billy

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Good afternoon, I haven't seen any video yet.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 25 days ago.

click HERE