Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Beckett 7505 runs for a min then stops. Replaced filter and

Customer Question

Beckett 7505 runs for a min then stops. Replaced filter and nozzle. I have primed and started manually but i have to hold wire down to kewp running.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: will eventually lockout after a min, after which incan hold reset buttom to restart prime. It does start on its own but will only run for a min
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Past two weeks
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I do
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 28 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

Does the 7505 lock out when the burner is firing?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
i believe so. I can not stRt manually nor does prime light come on after holding for 20sec
Expert:  Rick replied 28 days ago.

There was a glitch with your account. If you want me to call you need to contact customer service to iron it out. Or we can continue here.

You need to know for sure if it's firing up. The burner motor may start when you hit/hold the reset but if the burner doesn't fire up (firing up is unmistakeable) then you need to address the ignition failure. If you have no experience or inclination to troubleshoot this then you need to call a pro. If the burner hasn't had a tune up in a year or more it's due for one

Expert:  Rick replied 28 days ago.

If the burner ignites then locks out while it is firing then you either have a bad 7505 or a bad cad cell or cad cell socket.