airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Can you get a universal remote control for a desa gas

Customer Question

can you get a universal remote control for a desa gas fireplace?
JA: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?
Customer: I don't really know. where can I look on it to find out?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: As far as I know, the fireplace is in working order. I just have lost the remote.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it is a natural gas ventless fireplace. can it operate without a remote?
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 22 days ago.

There should be a label on fireplace so we can look for a remote. You may have to remove a metal decorative pane on lower front casing to see label with model

If you can locate model it would be easier to search for a replacement remote for the specific unit. If not you can use a universal like the Skytech but you will have to replace the existing receiver. New receiver will come with the new remote. See below:

http://www.fireplaceremotecontrols.com/skytech-3301-timer-thermostat-fireplace-remote-control.html?ibp-adgroup=adwords&ibp-keyword=&ibp-matchtype=&ibp-custom=&gclid=CJ6Do_akotACFRMlgQodFFoHVA

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
cgfb32ca
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
are we done?

WE are not done until you are satisfied I have thoroughly as possible answered. Let me see what I can find on that model

I was able to locate the manual for the fireplace but it does not show the remote nor the receiver so your best bet is to order a new remote with receiver as shown in previous reply.