Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Did you ever solve this problem I am having the exact

Customer Question

did you ever solve this problem I am having the exact problem as described in the thread
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
It was the problem address on thread:
http://my.justanswer.com/question/guest/c94603158a474e0c851f6cc470e94118
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 20 days ago.

My name is***** see your question stumped the panel here.

I just logged on and saw you had not received an answer yet.

I am willing to help you if you still need assistance. Just let me know how the project is going and I can help you or close this question for you.

Once again I apologize for the delay.

Billy

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I just need to know if there was a way to fix the issue that was in the thread. I went though all the steps with a HVAC guys that I had called and we got to the same point. I know the thermostat is the issue but there has to be a setting or a wire configuration that works for both heat and air. I have the Same thermostat as in the thread as well as a heatpump system and a zone controlled two level single system unit.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 19 days ago.

I am starting to look at the previous question....are you saying you cannot get the ac to run?

And this thermostat goes to a zone panel and not the unit directly?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
well I can get it to run in one or the other. not both. So I suppose I got a step further than the thread. There is a jumper between the R and Rc terminals. If the jumper is in, the unit will send the 24v signal to the zone board to keep the reverse valve at the compressor in AC mode regardless if the thermostat is calling for AC or heat. If the jumper is removed and the hot 24V line is in R the unit will not sent the 24v to the reverse valve and run heat regardless of ifthe thermostat wants heat or AC. Finally if the jumper is in and the hot 24v line is in the Rc line the thermostat will not send any 24v signal to the zone board at all (no call for anything even if the unit is calling for fan / air / AC / heat)
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
that is correct I have a zone board
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 19 days ago.

Can you tell me...in the zone panel....what color wire goes to what terminal? or post a pic of connections?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
not at the house right now. I might be able to get to it about noon EST
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 19 days ago.

thank you,

just respond when you can. Keep this on your side until ready or the system will force a response.

Billy

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Shoot, I went by the house and completely forgot to take the pictures. It will be after 5 before I can get back. Sorry
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 19 days ago.

no problem..no time limit