Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Rheem Heat/AC system and recently installed an

Customer Question

I have a Rheem Heat/AC system and recently installed an Emerson Thermostat for control. The furnace will not ignite now that I have restored power to it?
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Yes. I left it off all of last night and it still would not restart this morning. Everything works except "no flame".
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The furnace kicks on and I can hear the air movement. It puts out air through the registers. Just no flame (heat).
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Regan Land replied 22 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** and I'll be happy to assist you today. Can you tell me the model # of the thermostat please?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Rheem Criterion II. 1X2000
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
hmmm, I don't see a response to my problem. :) I see a question!
Expert:  Regan Land replied 19 days ago.

Sorry for the delay. Did you still need assistance? If so, can you please provide the model # of the new Emerson thermostat? Also, what color wire is connected to the 'w' terminal on the thermostat?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
White wire to "W". Wired the same as the old one. Thermostat works fine and shows as heating. Just no ignition on the furnace igniter.

Okay, thank you. Can you access the furnace? If so, there should be a small quarter size hole that you can look through to see if there's a diagnostic code flashing on the LED. If you see this, please count the number of times the light flashes between pauses and let me know. While there, and if you feel comfortable, remove the burner access panel and look for the full model # of the furnace. This will help me find the correct manual for that unit.