Regan Land
Regan Land, HVAC Technician
Experience:  18 years of experience, NATE Certified, Licensed HVAC Contractor, Certified IAQ Specialist
31091390

What are the prices of a reconditioned RUUD10 SEER Heat

Customer Question

What are the prices of a reconditioned RUUD10 SEER Heat Pump? The Model is UPKA - 024JAZ
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Filters changed 3 weeks before failure. Thermostats working (emergency heat).
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not really. I want to have the compressor changed so that I don't have to tear up walls
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just the price range for a reconditioned replacement compressor.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Regan Land replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today. That system that you have uses R-22 refrigerant, which, as you may already know, is being phased out. Manufacturers haven't been making R-22 systems for quite some time, so the hardest thing will be finding one that is in good condition that will match up with the air handler you have. If you're able to find one, you can expect to pay around $200-$400 for the unit (depending on location) plus labor, refrigerant, filter/drier, welds, vacuum, etc.