HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I needed a new batteries for my thermostat. I put in the new

Customer Question

Hi. I needed a new batteries for my thermostat. I put in the new batteries and they heated up. So I removed them then checked out the unit. There are 4 tines on the bottom right, and they seemed bent. I straightened then put 3 new batteries. I put the cover back on and found that there was no numbers on the screen but when I moved the fan switch the fan came on, but still no numbers on the screen and the power from the furnace did not come on.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: I should put new filter on the furnace but than will not numbers on the screen right.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have no other information.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 23 days ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 23 days ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Double check the batteries and the tines, given that issue either the thermostat screen is bad or the tines are not in correctly. If it will not come on you will likely need to replace the thermostat. However you can try to insert the batteries backwards for 3-5 secs then the correct way to reset it 100%.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.