Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My EdenPure personal heater won't turn the heater & fan on,

Customer Question

My EdenPure personal heater won't turn the heater & fan on, but there isn't any problems with the switch. What could it be?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: This just started this evening
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on what work needs to be done; maybe
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It was working fine last night, this just started tonight. I checked the filter & it's clean. When I turn it on, I hear the heater "click" to try starting, but it doesn't engage. Maybe it's a relay?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 month ago.

Here is the guide from Edinpure.Lets cover these things first.

• Make sure the power source is good. Plug in a lamp to see if it works correctly.

• Make sure the front power switch/button is set to the “ON” position.

• Unplug the power for 30 minutes. Plug the power back in and try operating the heater again. This will reset the internal sensors.

• Some heater models are designed to be operated in temperatures less than 75 degrees Fahrenheit. The heater will not operate when the temperature is too high. Test the heater in a room that is below 75 degrees Fahrenheit.

• Bring the heater inside to warm up for at least one hour before operating if it has been stored in a freezing or near freezing environment.

• Make sure the filter is clean.

• Remember, it will take a few minutes for the heater to warm up. The fan will start to blow after the heater has warmed up.

• After doing these things it still just clicks and nothing happens within 5 minutes after the click, let me know if you have a multi meter for troubleshooting and can take the unit aprt and test the components with me guiding you.