HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Have a burner with oven the glow plug turns red but gas is

Customer Question

have a burner with oven the glow plug turns red but gas is not released for ignition
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 20 years, where would i find the model number, it is a magic chef
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have a diagram numbered8104p030-60
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Check and see after the ignitor is glowing if you are getting 24 volts to the valve. If not then either the control board is bad or you may have an open limit on the unit causing that issue. If you have a picture of the wiring diagram upload it here and I can check it out.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
there is only a terminal board between the switch and thermostat leading to the bake ignitor
it may be older than 20 years , i got it used. where do I find the model number, is there a thermocoupler around the glow plug?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is why I hate paying on the web, if thats your best answer, you will not like my rating