HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have no heat and wanted to change my filter per web

Customer Question

I have no heat and wanted to change my filter per web instruction but cannot find it. I feel in the furnace pipe that the gas is flowing,
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: yes checked thermostat. now i turned both of them all the way down per instruction manual. But i cannot find the filter
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I can't find a plumber to come as it's 5:30. So yes, i need to do it myself.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that i know of
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 29 days ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 29 days ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Find the return air duct and follow it to the furnace, 99% of the time where the return air duct couples to the furnace is right where the filter should be. Let me know.

CLICK HERE IMAGE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
That's not what my furnace looks like - it's a Burnham Series 2 gas fired
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
You haven't helped me yet - and I don't want to pay $24. That wasn't mentioned up front
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
What should I do?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 28 days ago.

Do you have a picture of it?