Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

This is a Tempstar model NTP6075GFB2. Blower fan stays on

Customer Question

This is a Tempstar model NTP6075GFB2. Blower fan stays on regardless. So a relay question: There is a 3rd red connecting wire, end curled, hovering over the yellow terminal. ? I can send you a picture if you like.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: !st noticed late last wk., started investigating this AM.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I can connect the wire but don't want to chance the wrong connection. The other wires are in their color order & the unconnected red looks as if it had been connected to the Y terminal.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. Plus: THANKS!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 5 months ago.

First of is there already a wire in Y slot? Y controls compressor in outdoor unit, so most likely nothing to do with your issue. Disconnect all of the thermostat wires at the furnace control board and see if fan still runs and let me know if we have a flashing light on control board in furnace.We will go from here.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
yellow wire connected to Y terminal. I had to get to work so will try to get back to this tomorrow.

OK if fan still runs with thermostat wires disconnected at furnace board and no error code, most likely a bad relay on board.We will go from here.