Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Installing a new trane system with MOTORIZED MODULATING

Customer Question

Installing a new trane system with MOTORIZED MODULATING DAMPERS. "the system was supposed to have a wired thermostat on the main floor and a wireless thermostat on the second floor that could be moved around. Now the installer is telling me that the wireless thromstat will not allow the MOTORIZED MODULATING DAMPERS to work properly, they will only be able to be open or closed. Is this correct or is there another solution.
Thank you
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 25 days ago.

Hello, the installer is correct, because with the wireless option there is no feedback provision needed to monitor the modulating damper position.

The system should work well enough however with open or closed function in that zone... give it a try let me know how it goes.