Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

Can the damper door motor be replaced without replacing

Customer Question

can the damper door motor be replaced without replacing anything else connected to the damper door assembly? what is the part number for the motor? can the flame sensor that proves the pilot be changed separately .? What is that part number?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: On and off for the last heating season, but now the door will not travel far enough to actuate the damper open switch. The pilot will light but the gas valve does not ooen for the burners to light in time ,so the blower comes on and cold air comes out of the vents.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: yes! filters are new
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have a Hvac licence and I do a Widows ministry through my church and we do not charge for this ministry. I just have seen this type of furnace during experiences. so yes I do intend on doing this myself
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the best or least expensive part supplier either internet or walkin store
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 3 months ago.

Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help! Can I please get the make and model number of the equipment in question?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Lennoxfurnance G2003/4/100
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
G20Q3/4/ex/100/4,5

Thanks for that model number. The damper motor is available separately, Click Here for the best price I found. The Lennox part number is ***** Before replacing the motor you should remove the motor and ensure the damper assembly moves freely without binding. Carbon and dust deposits can cause the damper to malfunction and not make the full travel therefore not engage the end switch. If the damper is opening fully but you're still getting a damper code, then the end switch is defective and that can be replaced as well.

Let me know if you have further questions on this subject. Otherwise, please remember to rate before leaving (3 stars or higher please!). Bonuses are always appreciated! And remember, follow up questions about this topic are free even after rating. Just post a new reply on this same question and I'll be notified. Thanks for allowing me to help and thanks for using Just Answer!

Thank you,
Brian