Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I was just googling how to fix my HVAC. I too have my

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I was just googling how to fix my HVAC. I too have my diagnostic light flash 4 times telling me to open the high temp switch. Just trying to figure out where I can find them.
JA: Are you an HVAC professional?
Customer: Nope DIY
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I do
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's all I have for now. I'm technically inclined.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Handyman Matt replied 1 month ago.

Can you tell me what symptoms you are experiencing as well as the make and model of your HVAC unit?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Lennox 80UHG3-75A-3When I turn on the heat it just blows air. No heat. I looked at the diagnostics LED indicator and it flashes 4 times. According to the flash codes that means I need to open the high temp limit switch.And now I'm trying to find them.Would you like some pictures of my unit?

The switches should be located on top of the burner box. One switch on each side, just above each burner. I have attached a manual that may help (or you may already have). Each switch should have a button in the middle that may be popped up. Pushing it in will generally reset the switch. Page 6 shows the switch locations and pages 12 and 13 explain resetting the switches. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!