Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have water pouring out of a pipe on the side of my

Customer Question

I have water pouring out of a pipe on the side of my Weil-McLain. It is a pipe that is toward the back on the left side, it may be some type of overflow, but I've never had water dumping from it before
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Handyman Matt replied 6 months ago.

Can you tell me what the model number of your boiler is?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Model #GU-4 series-1
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I opened the top power light is lit, valve light is lit, purge and ignitor lights are not lit. It is running
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Matt, are u able to help me?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

Is it coming from a brass valve on the top of the boiler that says T-P relief?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I called a plumber Friday morning, couldn't wait 3 days for info since as I stated Thursday night..... Water was dumping constantly from the pipe. I would've wasted a shit ton of water. # save the fishes # save the earth. Thanks anyway
Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 months ago.

OK, sorry I just signed on today. Saw your question waiting.