HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My Vermont Casting Radiant heater. The pilot works well, but

Customer Question

My Vermont Casting Radiant heater. The pilot works well, but when I turn the switch to on, for the burner to light, the pilot light goes out. My question is why!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Normally that is a dirty pilot assembly. Can you clean the pilot assembly out and try it again? If the pilot is not big enough to keep going it will go out when the burner starts.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
My original question was answered but did no solve the problem. It had to do with my radiance heater where the pilot light goes out when turning the burner on, which doesn't go on either. I' ve changed both the thermocouple and thermopile with the same result.