Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have an Argo AT series 12261013 2 element boiler. I'm

Customer Question

I have an Argo AT series 12261013 2 element boiler. I'm getting a fault light #2 which is defined as Stuck/welded element relay contact. I checked it with a multimeter and the stuck relays are for element #2.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: A few days. But my question is can I use the spare relays that are located below? There are 2 sets of spares that if it was a 4 element panel it would use them all.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, because if this is possible it would take about 2 minutes to do. I have called a professional in the meantime. Thanks.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I think that's it!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If you have spare relays you can use them if they are the same spec as the damaged relay

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
They should be exactly the same specs. They are unused in the 2 element model, but the 4 element model uses them. They are located directly below and there are 2 relays for each heating element i.e 8 relays total. I'm just not sure if the circuit board will recognize them and be able to function properly, and I don't want to fry the board.