Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

How do you folks work? how do I compensate you for your

Customer Question

how do you folks work? how do I compensate you for your help?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: a few days
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have what appears to be a malfunctioning Honeywell S8600f. when the t-stat calls for heat and my zone valve opens, the PV will open and the igniter will activate. As soon as the pilot ignites, the controller will shut the PV off and start the cycle again. If you if you disconnect the spark wire from the controller, it will open the PV and you can light it with a match. the pilot will continue burning but the MV will not open. If you reconnect the spark wire while the pilot is burning, it will immediately close the PV and continue to short cycle. On rare occasion the MV will open and the burners will ignite. however it will not run long enough to bring the boiler to temp before it shuts down and starts to short cycle again.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: t stat is fine. don't know what filters you are referring to. This is not a diesel boiler it is natural gas.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. It sounds like the problem may possibly be with the ignitor but give me a few minutes to look over your question again and I will be right with you.