HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Bought a new thermostat based on bad advice. Turned out to

Customer Question

Bought a new thermostat based on bad advice. Turned out to be incompatible with my 2 stage heat pump according to tech who restored xt500c thermostat. Now the fan is always on regardless of system or fan settings. Fan stays on even when thermostat face is removed. Anything this old telephone guy can change in the wiring to fix this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

What wire is the Green wire connected to at the thermostat?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The G terminal. Im BSEE from Purdue.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

OK so this is back to the old thermostat correct? Also was it doing that before it was switched back?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is back to the original thermostat which is now acting incorrectly.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Have you gone through the installer setup to make sure all settings are correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Dont have/cant find any wiring info for this model thermostat.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Here is a link to the manual go to the installer setup and make sure it is set correctly

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied thank you.