Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I'm trying to install a Honeywell RTH2300B thermostat. I

Customer Question

Hi, I'm trying to install a Honeywell RTH2300B thermostat. I live in a condo and my current thermostat is a very broken Honeywell T8565D.
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: Definitely the thermostat
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The wiring for the two uses different labeling systems... the old one has numbers instead of letters. So I'm not sure how to map the old ones to the new one.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

What are the wire colors you have connected to the old thermostat? do you have access you your heating equipment where the thermostat leads connect?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't think the wire colours are correct... But here they are:
1. Black (24V - 50/60Hz)
2. White (24V - com)
3. Orange (heat)
4. Yellow (cool)
6. Green (fan - common)
7. Red (fan - low)
8. Blue (fan - med)
9. Brown (fan - high)The new thermostat has B, O, G, Y, W/AUX, NOT USED, R, RC.I've attached pictures of the old one, the new one, and the specs that came with the old one.
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.