Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Phil, I'm a tech and I'm working on a Gree ducted system for

Customer Question

Hi Phil, I'm a tech and I'm working on a Gree ducted system for a client. It has been poorly installed Model No.KFR-80PNA1A. The last guy has left a sensor bulb hanging in the roof. On the PCB it says 'Environment sensor" but Gree have no idea,stock no parts (although its only 10y.o). Need to know whether its supposed to be sensing R/A or pipe sensing for fan control in heating. Has been worked on in the past but not sure what the sensor resistances are meant to be at certain temperatures and Gree have no info here in Australia.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Thats all good, it had a gas leak and thats been fixed. Operates OK on cooling but tenant rang and said not functioning on heating which brings me back to thinking it could be the sensor. If I knew its supposed location and resistances I can get back and determine whats wrong
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am an Air Con tech so I will be doing it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really, once I can determine these 2 items Ill be Ok as I should be able to get an equivalent sensor from another supplier. Worst case scenario I can call in to one of the other townhouses and hopefully they'll let me check in their roof. They were all installed in a complex by the builders contractor.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 months ago.

My name is***** see your question stumped the panel here.

I just logged on and saw you had not received an answer yet.

I am willing to help you if you still need assistance. Just let me know how the project is going and I can help you or close this question for you.

Once again I apologize for the delay.

Billy