HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My heater wont start it will only show any sign of life when

Customer Question

my heater wont start it will only show any sign of life when the boiler switch is off
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: one hour
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that i know of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
im a amatuar and have ni idea anything about these things really but just trying to fix my unit
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

What make and model is it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
does udap 100 make sense?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Yes that is a Reznor boiler, now can you take the covers off it to check the flame rollouts?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i took off the cover
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i read that i dont need to light this by hand but i dont see any ignition clicker or something of this sort
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

This is an electronic ignition system with an ignitor if it will not light the ignitor may be broken on the unit.