Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Furnace turn s on ignites, blower turn s on stays lit for

Customer Question

furnace turn s on ignites, blower turn s on stays lit for 2miutes then shuts down
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: no, why woul d filter shut down operation
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i tryed cleaning the flame sensorsor, , worked for awhile then same problem
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. I am looking over your question now and will respond shortly.

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 month ago.

The assistant asked about filters because a plugged filter makes a furnace overheat and it trips off until cooled.

It is just something we like to eliminate..

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Looks like Billy had to leave. Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

What is the brand and model number of your unit? A call is an additional charge. I'll post an additional service offer if you want to talk or we can continue here. But first I need to know what I'm dealing with