Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

On a RTH6500 thermostat in programming,where the temp is

Customer Question

On a RTH6500 thermostat in programming,where the temp is displayed ,heat or cool is displayed and a statement below says to be sure this is setas you want.I find no way to change this in the couple of places it sholud change. How do I change it or is it not necessary ? Also after I program the full week then come back and go through it again,some of the settings are different than what I set.Is there something wrong with the device,or have i missed something in the programming directions??
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters? I'm an assistant to the HVAC Technician. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: I am trying to follow the directions for setting program scedules,and cannot get the settup to be what I want to set the operational schedule. Has nothing to do with the original display or the filters.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is Luke

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you RATE ANSWER the 5 star rating

Are you ready?

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

The C wire has to be to the COMMON side of the transformer is it?