Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My zoning board is clicking whenever my up and downstairs

Customer Question

Hey, my zoning board is clicking whenever my up and downstairs are rining at the same time. It is also showing what looks to be a code. C4
Xci smartzone-2
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Running* at the same time
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

Hello, tell me a lot about your tech skills and I can coach you to a diagnosis.

So far it sounds like the control board has failed if it has worked will in the past few years and just began this malfunction.

We can go from there, or if none of this is in your skill set range I can locate a well rated HVAC contractor controls specialist in your area for you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I went to school for this along time ago i really dont remember much. Ive had 4 techs over now, kinda done wih calling people....
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

Roughly one HVAC tech in 10 is up to speed enough to cope with what you have... if you are calling companies at random the odds are against you.

Trouble shooting this yourself, even with a few hours of my help will be arduous with a thin chance of success, unless you choose to replace the entire zone panel and wiring... even that will be a tall order.

YOur best bet is to let me see if i can call around for you and locate a competent HVAC controls man in your area... for that I need to know which direction you are from the center of the nearest city.