Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Need help on 3yrs old Goodman Model GMVM96-1155DXAA. It run

Customer Question

Need help on 3yrs old Goodman Model GMVM96-1155DXAA. It run for 14 minutes then error message E0 shut down for hour & retries again.... same result again. What can cause this. I cleaned temperature flame rod, air filter.. ect. Can it be low & high pressure switch, because I get 2 red blinking light at beginning of furnace. Please help. I
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

When you restart the unit does the igniter glow? do the burners fire up?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it runs for about 14 minutes, then Error message E0 ,which is lockout due to excessive retries or recycles.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Sounds like a problem with the control board since this behavior is an anomaly. You should only get an E0 if the unit doesn't fire up not after it has run for 14 minutes. Apparently it's not a flame sensor issue or it would have shut down in seconds not 14 minutes later

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I pay online $37 to chat. If want call me most welcome, but free of charge, otherwise, I fine with chats
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

The call prompt is automatic. I have nothing to do with it. There is an additional charge for a call. We can continue here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If I replaced, it will take care right or other things going pop out more.. can fill out paperwork to Goodman , so I can get board within warranty for free. I can pick it up from*****#1, Philadelphia, PA 19116 phone number(###) ###-####
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

This should be a warranty issue. I'd contact Goodman on Monday and ask them how to proceed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, you can will get back to me. Here some info. will need.
Purchased date: 9/4/2012
Heat exchanger: Lifetime
Parts: 10yrs. Covered
Model GMVM96-1155DX
High-Efficiency, Variable-Speed Modulating Gas Furnace
Serial #(###) ###-####
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

I don't work for Goodman. Just Answer is an independent expert consulting service. We don't represent any manufacturer.

Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

You need to contact Goodman yourself on Monday

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did contact them, but asking for license number for HVAC and name. Can u provide that.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

No, you need to talk to the installer or a local HVAC contractor. We're just a consulting service.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Heat turns ON every hour after it resets. It turn ON for about 15 minute.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

That doesn't change my assessment

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If, I want to contact my installer of HVAC. Why should I contact you guy.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

I don't know what motivated you to contact me. All I can do is assess your problem based on the info you provide and suggest a likely culprit. I can't fix it for you and I don't provide my licensing info so you can make a warranty claim.

Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

You came here with no idea what the problem was and I gave you the likely culprit.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That, I can get the from Installer or local HVAC guy same thing & get part with warranty. I just don't understand to contact you guy.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Who did you think you were contacting? It was your choice.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Point was to save money . Going to local hvac guy or online hvac guy. I am still need to go with local hvac guy...
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

So you came here looking for a diagnosis but because I can't fix it for you, you're not satisfied?!? How am I supposed to fix it from miles away and behind a computer? I gave you a diagnosis based on your description. You're on site. It's up to you to do the work. Is it my fault you're pursuing a warranty claim? I've spent a considerable amount of time with you on a weekend. I think I deserve some compensation for my time and diagnosis.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
But, Central AC was working fine on same mother board?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Heat is an entirely different circuit.