Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My AC contractor installed two Honeywell TH6000 thermosats

Customer Question

My AC contractor installed two Honeywell TH6000 thermosats one to independently control temp down stairs and the other to independently control temp upstairs. There is an actuator in the main duct that closes or opens based on the commands of the thermostats. My issue is one works fine for both heat and colling the other only blows out heat no matter of the setting. My contractor has been out 6 times and says he has fixed it but it never seems to work properly. just looking for some guidance.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: I check the settings and filters are new
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no I just want to give my contractor some new ideas
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

DO you know how he has them wired up and what kind of actuators make and model are they?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
he has Honeywell dampers that are direct actuated. the controller is a Honeywell HZ221