Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Amana air command 90 furnace that was installed in

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Amana air command 90 furnace that was installed in 1993, the thermostat shorted out what part do I have to replace on the furnace to get the thermostat to work again.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: new in 1993 when the house was built. It is a hi efficiency 90 propane gas furnace.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 4 months ago.

If you shorted thermostat you either blew a small fuse in furnace or burned up the transformer.What is complete model on furnace?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am not there it has a White Rodgers (Emerson Electric Co.) Model 50A50-206 control.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

I see the other tech has opted out. Did you still need assistance with this?